We’ve resumed publishing after a two-week hiatus to move our email and web publishing to new software systems. It’s good to be back! Our remaining August publishing schedule may be lighter than usual due to summer vacations (ours and yours), but we’ll return to full throttle after Labor Day.
We are making steady progress toward securing a long term future for the Join Together services you rely on. We will be in touch soon with another update, but you can help right now by making a donation. Gifts from our readers help defray the cost of producing this unique service, and we are grateful for your support.
So what’s changed with the software migration? You won’t notice much difference in how the website, blog and email newsletters work, but here are a few things you may encounter:
1. Links in Join Together emails sent before August 2nd no longer work. This is a regrettable but unavoidable side effect of the systems migration. To find what you were looking for, you might try:
- Searching our website for the title of the item — use the box in the upper right corner of any page
- Browsing the News section of our site for recent stories
- Visiting the blog (if the item was marked “from the blog”)
If you still need help finding something, email us. We’ll do our best to assist you.
2. Logging in to Your Account. You now will be asked for a User Name and password. Here’s what you need to know:
- Your username is the same as the email address you registered with if you signed up before Wednesday August 11.
- Your password has changed to a random value — for security reasons, we were unable to migrate your old password.
- We will shortly send all current subscribers an automated email with their new password and user name.
You may login to change your username or password if you wish. You may also retrieve your username or password via email on the login screen.
3. Commenting on articles and blog posts: For now, we are not requiring website registration and sign-in to post a comment. Comments are still held for moderation to keep the conversation on-topic and professional. After a minor software enhancement becomes available later this month, commenters will once again need to sign in to complete posting.
Finally: As always, we love to hear from our readers. Drop us a line anytime to email@example.com. Due to the volume of mail, we can’t always respond — but we read and carefully consider each message.