*Editor's Note, March 31, 2010: Registration for these trainings has been closed due to high demand. If you would like to be added to a waiting list, please contact Aaron Kucharski at: email@example.com or fax: 609-689-3244.
The Community Leadership Initiative is a statewide network of advocates that is periodically mobilized to take action on public policy issues that address prevention, treatment, and recovery issues in New Jersey. The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence-New Jersey (NCADD-NJ) and Join Together will be conducting three regional trainings to help build a strong collective voice for the addiction community.
South New Jersey Training:
Thursday, April 8, at Cumberland County College in the Luciano Conference Center's Banquet Room
REGISTRATION CLOSED for April 8 training*
Central New Jersey Training:
Saturday, April 10, at Mercer County Community College in the campus conference center
REGISTRATION CLOSED for April 10 training*
North New Jersey Training:
Thursday, April 15, at Fairleigh Dickinson University (College at Florham in Madison) in the Hartman Lounge at Hennessy Hall
REGISTRATION CLOSED for April 15 training*
The training will focus on:
- Criminal Justice issues relating to drug and alcohol use in New Jersey
- NCADD-NJ's Community Leadership Initiative – A vision for the New Jersey leadership model
- New Jersey Public Policy presentations. A look at how New Jersey currently does business and a look at future public policy in the state
- The New Jersey Budget Process and how you can play an important role
- Bruce Stout – Associate Professor of Criminology (College of New Jersey)
- Raquel Mazon Jeffers – Division of Addiction Services Director
- Aaron Kucharski – Advocacy Trainer NCADD-NJ
- Roberta Garson Leis – Program Director, Join Together
All trainings are scheduled from 9 am – 3 pm. (Registration and refreshments at 8:30 am; lunch included.) Space is limited, so please pre-register.