FY2010 AmeriCorps State and National Grants
Programs have just over a month to apply for a share of $363 million in FY2010 AmeriCorps state and national grants.
Jan. 26, 2010 is the deadline for nonprofits, government agencies, schools, tribes and others to apply for funding through the Corporation for National and Community Service. Grant categories include:
- State Commission and National Competitive including Professional Corps and Fixed-Amount Grants
- State and National EAP
- States and Territories without Commissions
- Indian Tribes
In 2010, the Corporation's national service priorities for AmeriCorps State and National are applicants that address:
- Education: Unmet educational needs within communities especially those that help children and youth achieve success in school and prevent them from dropping out before high school graduation.
- Healthy Futures: Unmet health needs within communities including access to health care, disease prevention and health promotion initiatives, and health literacy.
- Clean Energy/Environment: Unmet energy-efficiency and environmental needs within communities.
- Veterans: Unmet needs of veterans, members of the Armed Forces who are on active duty, and family members of deployed military personnel and engages veterans in service.
- Opportunity: Unmet needs relating to economic opportunity for economically disadvantaged individuals within communities including financial literacy, housing assistance, job training, and nutritional assistance.
For more details, see the grant announcement online.