AMERSA National Conference: Call for Abstracts, Workshops
The Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse is pleased to announce its 34th Annual AMERSA National Conference to be held on November 4-6, 2010, at the DoubleTree Hotel in Bethesda, MD.
The meeting will reflect on AMERSA’s interdisciplinary strengths and the commitment to disseminate the latest developments in substance abuse education, prevention, treatment and research that challenge all health care professionals. We have planned an exciting program featuring research abstracts, skill-focused workshops, and plenary speakers addressing issues of national and international importance.
Both CME and CEU credits will be offered.
The Call for Abstracts and Workshops is now open! Submit abstracts and workshops on-line at www.amersa.org
(Deadline: May 28, 2010)
Conference Travel Awards
AMERSA is pleased, once again, to offer full or partial awards for up to 15 health care professionals (new attendees only) to attend the 2010 AMERSA National Conference. For more information, and to apply on-line, please visit www.amersa.org
Confirmed plenary sessions include:
- Charles P. O’Brien, MD, PhD and Gene M. Heyman, PhD will participate in a Spicy Debate on the topic – Is Addiction “Really” Like Other Chronic Illnesses?
- Brian Mittman, PhD, will speak on – The Science of Implementation Research
- John Knight, MD, Rich Saitz, MD, and Anita R. Marton, Esq. will participate in a Plenary Panel discussion of – Delivery of Integrated Clinical Care for Patients with Addictions and Federal Confidentiality Laws
- Mary Haack, FAAN, PhD, RN will speak on – Web-Delivered Addictions Treatment
- Charles P. O’Brien, MD, PhD will be the recipient of this year’s distinguished John P. McGovern Award
- Sharon Walsh, PhD will receive the prestigious Betty Ford Award honoring her valuable contributions to the substance abuse field